If my blog name is any hint, I don't have the longest attention span. Anything repetitive is bound to bore me. One block quilts? Snooze. Give me a sampler though and I'm game! That's why I've been dying to get my hands on my dear friend Rebecca Bryan's second book, Modern Triangle Quilts.
In late 2015, when Becca was scrambling to make all of the quilts for the book, we decided to do a trade. I'd piece one of the Skylines quilt for her book, and she'd make a quilt for the Luna Sol Quilt Market booth in spring once all the triangle quilts were taken care of. I was a little skeptical when she sent me a box full of Kona solids, (I'm a print girl for life), but I had a blast sewing that quilt and I love the way it turned out. Leave it to Becca to choose the perfect color palette, am I right?
I had another fun "interaction" with the book when I did a pet portrait of Becca's pupper, Bruce Wayne, lounging on the Isosceles Sampler.
Since getting my physical copy of the book earlier this week, I've already started on the Upstart quilt in a girly pink, peach, and red palette. I love pulling a pile of prints out of my stash and diving right in. Samplers are perfect for that.
Well Wishes Charity Quilt
Most recently, I contributed a block to a the Well Wishes charity quilt to benefit Living Water International. Even if I my block only took me 10 minutes, it feels cool to be a part of such a stunning project! (My block is the one touching the bound corner below.) And guess what? You have a chance to win the quilt!
Check out Becca's blog post for full contest details. To be entered to win the quilt we made, purchase the $5 Well Wishes quilt pattern via Becca's shop (100% of the proceeds of this pattern will go to Living Water International). Each purchase equals one entry.
Winner has been contacted!
Blog Tour Schedule
Don't forget to check out the rest of the blog tour for more chances to win this book!
- Sunday, April 2nd: Bryan House Quilts - www.bryanhousequilts.com
- Monday April 3rd: Jessee Maloney - www.artschooldropout.net
- Monday April 3rd: Stash Books - www.ctpub.com/blog/
- Tuesday April 4th: Heidi Staples - www.fabricmutt.blogspot.com/
- Wednesday April 5th: Felice Regina - www.sewscatterbrained.com/
- Thursday April 6th: Giuseppe Ribaudo - @giucy_giuce
- Friday April 7th: Christa Watson - www.christaquilts.com/
- Saturday April 8th: Christopher Thompson - thetattooedquilter.com
- Monday April 10th: Karin Jordan - www.leighlaurelstudios.com/
- Tuesday April 11th: Kitty Wilkin - nightquilter.com/
- Wednesday April 12th: Nicole Daksiewicz - modernhandcraft.com/
- Thursday April 13th: Sarah Thomas - www.sariditty.com/
- Friday April 14th: Amy Sinibaldi - www.nanaCompany.typepad.com/
- Saturday April 15th: Rebecca Bryan - www.bryanhousequilts.com